Thaxted Park is the most successful club away from the Sandbelt having won the Simpson Cup on 4 occasions. Our Junior development program has proven to be a very successful breeding ground for professional golfers. Those who have come through the program include Glenn Joyner, Justin Cooper, Adrian Percy, Nathan Kent and more recently Adam Bland, Peter Cooke and Jordan Sherratt. Our development program was created to improve juniors golfing skills but at the same time teaching them important life skills such as honesty and communication. Throughout their time at the club they will learn about the traditions and etiquette of the game which will help them develop into a young adult. Becoming a junior member of Thaxted Park Golf Club will be a very enjoyable and memorable experience. For junior membership enquiries, please complete our Online Enquiry Form.
The Junior Academy
Our Junior Academy caters for juniors of all abilities and ages. It has been setup to maximise your child’s enjoyment and learning. It is run by the clubs PGA professionals in conjunction with the national junior program MyGolf.
The structure has been designed to provide juniors with the necessary skills and knowledge to help them build confidence and develop their golf game. Once joining the academy juniors will progress through three stages of development.
Junior development pathway
The development program has been structured into three stages. At each of these stages, juniors will enhance their golfing skills under the guidance of our expert PGA professionals.
Our PGA staff have many years coaching experience. They also have a lot of knowledge from their own playing experiences. They have played on various tours around the world such as the Australasian, European, Asian, Canadian and South American tours.
It is the quality of our coaching staff and our commitment to helping junior members take their golf to the next level that makes our program so successful.
Levels of development
- Participated in Academy program and has gained experience in most areas. Another term required to increase skill level.
Level 1 – Cadet
- Knowledge of setup & technique for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping & Putting. Understands the basics of the golf swing weight shift.
Level 2 – Cadet
- Has a better understanding of correct grip. Can align themselves with target with the help of training aids. Has achieved some competency in technique for Full swing, Pitching Chipping, & Putting. Shows some consistency in execution in these areas.
Level 3 – Cadet
- Is now able to align themselves without the use of training aids. Has achieved some competency in technique for Full swing, Pitching, Chipping & Putting. Has developed a routine, consistency in execution (distance & direction) has improved. Has an understanding of basic rules and etiquette.
Level 4 – Cadet
- Is showing competency in technique for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping. Routine and execution has improved. Can control distance in Full Swing, Pitching and Chipping. Understands club selection. Can now play Orange tee course. Has an understanding of basic rules and etiquette.
Level 5 – Rookie
- Execution of shots has moved up a level (distance & direction). Routine is becoming more consistent. Can control distance for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping and Putting and has developed some bunker shots. Has an understanding of basic rules and etiquette.
Level 6 – Rookie
- Has achieved competency in technique for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping, Bunker Play & Putting. Has developed a consistent routine and execution has improved. Can control distance in all areas of the game. Understands shot selection, decision making and execution. Has an understanding of rules and etiquette. Is ready to play the main course.
Level 7 – Master
- Is Competent in technique for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping, Bunker Play & Putting is at Master level. Has a consistent routine and execution. Can control distance in all areas of the game. Understands, shot shaping, shot selection & decision making. Has an understanding of rules and etiquette.
Level 8 – Master +
- Is competent in technique for Full Swing, Pitching, Chipping, Bunker Play & Putting is at Master + level. Has a consistent routine, Can execute shot shaping Can control distance in all areas of the game. Makes good decisions on course. Has an understanding of rules and etiquette.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our Head Professional Cody Sherrat on 8325 1636 or email@example.com